FSA (Facilitated Self Assistance) is VITA’s program for those who would like to prepare taxes themselves with free access to the professional-grade software we use in VITA.
Here are the benefits of this method:
- It is completely FREE — even if your income is above the VITA limit or you have business returns, rental properties, or need to file multiple state returns.
- We will help you navigate the software or answer tax questions as long as those questions are within the scope of the training our volunteers received.
- It is safer in this era of COVID. You will not have to be in a group of people or meet face-to-face with a preparer.
What do you need?
- A computer that allows you to access the Internet. Chrome is the preferred browser.
- General knowledge of how to use a software program (point and click, etc.)
- All of your current tax documents and last year’s tax return.
Want to learn more? Check out these resources: